Always feel unnoticed in a meeting? Here are some tips to steal the thunder in you next office meeting and impress your colleagues to improve Business.
1) Preparation: Any meeting demands preparation. It’s essential that you prepare well in advance. Jot down your views on the topic of the meeting and prepare notes. If need, research on the subject matter. This way during the meeting when you speak or present your views, you will be much sure of the matter and there are less chances of making mistakes. Preparation will also ensure that you won’t fumble with your statements.
2) Be Active: Be pro-active and participate in the meeting. Inputs and well though suggestions will make you stand out. Be a participant and not try to take over the agenda of the meeting. Allow others to speak. This will help in creating rapport.
3) Don’t Criticize other People’s Suggestions Immediately. Constructive criticism is allowed but do not forget to give valid reasons or a better suggestion.
4) Confidence: Always speak with confidence, whenever you speak out. If you betray your lack of confidence in what you say then your thoughts and suggestions won’t be taken seriously. If you want others to take your seriously then you have to be absolutely confident.
5) Positive Attitude Creates an Aura. People who create negativity are avoided. Their suggestions will always be deemed vindictive and unhelpful to the situation. Add positive and valuable inputs to the proceedings. Always phrase suggestions and views in a positive manner.
6) Follow up: As soon as the meeting ends, make notes of what was held in the meeting. Follow up on what was decided at the meeting.