With the current rate of internet scams, a lot of people are having a hard time identifying a legitimate company. In this internet business tips, we are going to quickly discuss six ways to identify a genuine company online.
- The first place to begin your search is by taking a look at the offer, if it is too good to be true it probably is. Most people get carried away by empty promises and fail to use their common sense. There isn’t any free money anywhere, the internet is the last place to expect instant gratification.
- Check out the site and find out how long they have been in business. You will usually find this on the “about us” section or something similar. A business that has been in operation for over five years is more likely to be legitimate than one that was launched a few months ago.
- Search the name of the company/site on any of the major search engines and check out the information the search engines pull out. If it is an established company, you will find tons of information about it on the first, second, or even third page and so on.
- You can take your investigation to the forums and within a short a day you can have tons of facts about the company if it has ripped people before you will certainly get to know if it has been a great resource for people you will also find out. A forum is where veteran internet entrepreneurs gather to share information, thoughts, strategy, ideas, and so on. It is common for an expert to be good at reviewing the company. You will need to find a forum related to your niche and signing up with them.
- Page rank is what the search engine uses to determine the value of a site. Page rank starts from 0 to 10 where 0 is the beginning of the life of new sites and 10 is the highest and it grows as other sites links to it. There are many tools like SEO CENTRO that you can use to find out the page rank of a site. I prefer to deal with sites with Page Rank 3 and above.
- A testimonial is often provided by some sites. These testimonials are from people who have tested the company and are satisfied with it. Some of these people might offer their link to their site, go through some of the sites, and ensure they are really in existence and related to these people. You can mail them for further information.
Note, do not expect to find all of the things listed in this article on the company you are researching. At least, if four of the ways to research a company is present, you can deal.
I hope you find these business tips valuable.